SSDN Technologies now offers unparalleled training in India for Shell Scripting inside Ubuntu Linux. Ubuntu has become the most widely used Linux distro since it is open-source and is widely accepted in the IT industry for its ease of use.
Within this course, you will get to learn the basics of shell scripting within an Ubuntu server and learn to do multiple UNIX\BASH shell scripting on a Linux system. This course will help you enhance your skills and capabilities as a Linux power-shell user.
- This course is designed to help current Linux system administrators and application developers who have working knowledge of operating a Linux server.
- This course is also designed for learners with prior Linux experience, who want to learn how to use Linux shell scripting to develop apps for Linux based devices especially mobile OS apps.
A shell script is a script written for the Linux command line interpreter and is known as simple domain-specific programming language. Shell scripts help a Linux developer to perform various tasks like program execution and file manipulation in order to program an app to do specific tasks., Shell scripts have commands programmed within them in chains and they are executed in loops just like batch files.
This Ubuntu Shell Scripting course will take you through the following topics:
After the completion of this certificate program you will be able to:
- Understanding the environment of the Shell and its basics.
- Using ‘vi’ or ‘mcedit’ editor to write shell scripts.
- Learning basics of bash scripting
- Implementing various scripting functions and doing arithmetic operations with them.
- Learn about decision making and flow control while executing scripts.
- Master all basics of ‘Shell’
- Set or Unset any variable and run a command substitution to any variable
- Store or assign a value of output to a variable
- Properly use ‘if –else’ statement or ’Nested if ‘statements
- Effectively use ‘While’, ‘Until’ or ‘For’ loops according to the need of the script
- Display values using ‘awk’ in the Shell script
- Schedule jobs using ‘Crontab’ or ‘at’
- Extract data from any HTML/XML file for use within your script.
- Connect MYSQL to the Shell and run various SQL queries right within the Shell Script
Before attending this training, SSDN Technologies recommends that candidates should have:
- Basic Linux knowledge or equivalent experience of scripting in a computer language.
- RHCE or CLP certification to make your experience with Ubuntu scripting easier.